You're Virtually Here!

Map of Angeles City

Angeles City  was established in the Spanish era in 1796 by the the Gobernadorcillo of San Fernando - Don Ángel Pantaleón de Miranda.  On March 17, 1899, Angeles became the seat of the Philippine government under General Emilio Aguinaldo, and it was here that the first anniversary of Philippine Independence was celebrated. 
It then grew around the US 7th Cavalry's Fort Stotsenberg, which later became USAF Clark Airbase.  During the Japanese occupation in the 2nd World War it became a base for Kamikaze pilots.
It was a major staging base during the Vietnam conflict.  It was to be closed by the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1991.  The GIs left but the entertainment strip along Perimeter Road, and centered on Fields Avenue continued.​​​​​​​
Clark re-opened as a special economic zone, and the air field became Clark International Airport.
Billed as the entertainment capital of Asia, Angeles and Clark are booming, and have become a major international tourist destination.

Fields Avenue & 1st Street

Walking Street

Don Juico Avenue/Perimeter Road

Back to Top